Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quick Picks at OKL

I love OKL, but their sales are quick and sometimes I don't have the time, money or space to buy all that I like. Plus, living in Dubai pretty much kills any kind of shipping discount. I end up saving snap shots of the products I like either as inspiration for a future DIY projects or for inspiration to find similar products. Here are my recents likes.

You could totally make your own set of lamps just like these. I made one with a thrifted lamp almost identical to those last year.White spray paint and gold metallic acrylic paint was all I needed. Due to incompatible electricity I left it back home, but will post about it soon.

This bench is very unique, but for $1,495, I'd be willing to try and make it myself. (o: 
The pillow is unique. If you want the same look consider a blue fabric and drawing an image of your liking with a bleach pen. It will look great. I'll do it my self if you don't believe me (o:
That serving dish! That color is gorgeous! 

Camel back settee + navy blue= timeless. It's totally worth the price for me. 
Gold embroidered lumbar pillow. I <3 u pillow!
I was really surprised to see this brass vase and bowl. The Dubai souk is FILLED, I mean FILLED with these. They are great quality and roughly AED 80 (depending on size) which is actually $21.78 thank you very much. Who you tryin' to kid OKL? Seriously, if you want one, I'll hook you up (o: 
19th century corner chair. I love these. Such a statement piece. And ironically, look what I just found for a slightly cheaper price on Dubizzle...
BOOM! Isn't she just lovely? But wait, there's more...
What are the odds of finding not one, but TWO corner chairs? While they are slightly different than the OKL version I think one should not complain at $408 vs. $475. Don't forget the bargaining factor. 
I'm a sucker for classics. That bombay commode is classy at its best.  
I don't know what it is about this pillow. I can't take my eyes off it.

 Now, you and I can have these images to dream upon for a long, long while. I bet similar items could be found easily in the States. UAE on the hand, might take some elbow grease. Have a good one all and thanks again for stopping by!

-Debora
P.S. Sorry for the awkward pics lol, I'll try not to do that again. Maybe in the far future. (o:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...